Drawing Mandalas with Intention
A series of workshops to explore our inner spaces through making mandalas.
Session Intention – Planting Seeds of Light
Saturday, 16th July 2022 from 5.00 – 6.30 pm IST
In these workshops, we learn and work with sacred geometry, color resonances, journaling, breathing, music and meditation. Delving deep within one-self, we connect to the “centre” within – a place of beauty, peace, joy and co-creation.
This is a series of 12 weekly exploratory workshops. Each month we will explore a different aspect of our being through the mandala process. Each workshop is independent so you can attend any one or all.
A mandala is a sacred circle. A sanskrit word that literally translates into “a container of essence”. The Mandala is a universal and essential symbol of integration, harmony, and transformation through the history of humankind.
Mandalas provide visual messages that are akin to key-codes, giving one access to levels of awareness beyond our normal scope. Through the symbolic geometry and patterns within it, it can be the gateway to wider dimensions of the self within and the world at large. Mandalas created with intention can empower and shift the vibration within.
No prior art experience required.
List of Materials:
- 3 sheets Paper (A3 cartridge paper is ideal but any A3 or A4 paper will be suitable)
Recommended – Classmate Artist Pad – A/3 – 130 gsm
- 3-4 sheets of A/4 printing paper
- Straight edge (30 cm ruler is ideal)
- Compass – Maped of Staedtler
- Pencils (ideally HB and 2B)
- Pencil sharpener
- A flat surface to draw on
- Colours – Markers, Water colour, Fine Liners, Pencil Colours, Sketch Pens etc (at least have 2-3 mediums handy)
- Brushes, Water Container and Rag